Certificate of Merit in “An Introduction to Complementary Therapies”
During this distance learning course you will gain knowledge of the use of complementary therapies in modern health care today. Consisting of four lessons, with questions at the end of each, you will be able build up your knowledge in this interesting subject, looking at the “big five” therapies, homeopathy, herbalism, acupuncture, osteopathy/chiropractor and massage. Tutor feedback will allow you to gauge your success, with a final question paper to test your understanding at the end of the course.
Students obtaining 75% on this paper will receive the Wiltshire School in Beauty and Holistic Therapy Certificate of Merit “In An Introduction to Complementary Therapies”.
This course is aimed at those who practise beauty or holistic therapies and want to have an improved overall knowledge of the subject.
Duration: This course is dictated by you
Pre-requisites: No entry requirements
Student progression: Once you have completed this course, you may wish to train in a variety of therapies such as body massage, reflexology, pre-blend aromatherapy, Indian head massage, and thermal auricular therapy.
Career path: With additional beauty or holistic qualifications you could become a mobile therapist, work in a salon, or from home
Included in the course:
- 4 individual lessons
- A question paper on each lesson
- A final question paper
- Detailed tutor feedback and online support
- Fully qualified tutors
- The Wiltshire School of Beauty and Holistic Therapy “Certificate of Merit”
Additional costs: No essentials but you may wish to purchase text books to enhance your learning
- Lesson 1: Understanding the history of the “big five”
- Lesson 2: Recognising the benefits of the “big five” and their uses
- Lesson 3: Recognising the use of therapies in everyday health care
- Lesson 4 : Knowing the importance of applying health and safety procedure