During this intensive course you will learn how to perform a professional pedicure treatment. This qualification is accredited by the Guild of Beauty Therapists, ABT and Professional Beauty which will allow you to insure yourself to work in the beauty industry.
A VTCT qualification is also available.
Duration: * Up to 7 Hours plus home study
Pre-requisites: No entry requirements
Cost: £150.00 Diploma or £270.00 for VTCT
CPD points: 15
Student progression: Diploma in manicure, eye enhancements, eyelash perming, facial massage and skincare, cosmetic make-up, wax depilation, body massage, reflexology, pre-blend aromatherapy, Indian head massage, thermal auricular therapy.
Career path: Mobile therapist, salon, room at home
Included in this course:
- Course training manual
- A relaxed, informal and professional atmosphere in which to learn
- Fully qualified and experienced lecturers
- Support and guidance during and on completion of the course
- Liquid refreshment
- The Wiltshire School of Beauty and Holistic Therapy Diploma or VTCT
Additional costs: Pedicure kit Approx: £80
You will learn how to:
- Prepare the treatment area
- Prepare the client for treatment
- Carry out a client consultation
- File and shape the nails
- Maintain cuticles
- Perform a foot and leg massage
- Provide specialist treatments
- Buff and polish the nails
You will also study:
- Related hygiene, health and safety
- Related anatomy and physiology
- Benefits of massage
- Massage movements and mediums
- Contra-indications & contra-actions
- Non-medical conditions
- Equipment and products
* You will attend a 5 hour training session to study the theory and practical elements required to perform a professional pedicure. Models may be required.
Then you will be required to do some home study and case studies – practice the treatment until you are confident in providing the treatment to a high standard and in an acceptable time.
You will return to the School for a further 2 hours to carry out a practical assessment.
If taking a VTCT qualification further assessments, external assessment and portfolio building is required.
Once you have successfully completed the course, you will receive