During this intensive course you will learn how to perform a professional manicure treatment. This qualification is accredited by The Guild of Beauty Therapists, ABT and Professional Beauty which will allow you to insure yourself to work in the beauty industry. There is also a VTCT qualification available.
Duration: * Up to 7 Hours plus home study
Pre-requisites: No entry requirements
Cost: £150.00 or £270.00 for VTCT Manicure
CPD points: 15
Student progression: Diploma in pedicure, eye enhancements, eyelash perming, facial massage and skincare, cosmetic make-up, wax depilation, body massage, reflexology, pre-blend aromatherapy, Indian head massage, thermal auricular therapy.
Career path: Mobile therapist, salon, room at home
Included in this course:
- Course training manual
- A relaxed, informal and professional atmosphere in which to learn
- Fully qualified and experienced lecturers
- Support and guidance during and on completion of the course
- Liquid refreshment
- The Wiltshire School of Beauty and Holistic Therapy Diploma or VTCT qualification
Additional costs: Manicure kit approx £75.00
You will learn how to:
- Prepare the treatment area
- Prepare the client for treatment
- Carry out a client consultation
- File and shape the nails
- Maintain cuticles
- Perform a hand and arm massage
- Provide specialist treatments
- Buff and polish the nails
You will also study:
- Related hygiene, health and safety
- Related anatomy and physiology
- Nail shapes
- Benefits of massage
- Massage movements and mediums
- Contra-indications & contra-actions
- Non-medical conditions
- Equipment and products
* You will attend a 5 hour training session to study the theory and practical elements required to perform a professional manicure. Models may be required.
Then you will be required to do some home study and case studies – practice the treatment until you are confident in providing the treatment to a high standard and in an acceptable time.
You will return to the School for a further 2 hours for a practical assessment.
If taking a VTCT qualification further assessments, external assessment and portfolio of evidence is required.
Once you have successfully completed the course, you will receive: